12th Pacific Science Inter-Congress Visa Requirements
The Secretariat of the 12th Pacific Science Inter-Congress is partnering with the Fiji Immigration Department for the issue of Visas to participants of the 12th Pacific Science Inter-Congress.
Should you require the assistance of the Secretariat for the processing of your Visa, you are required to produce the following:
Visa Application Requirements
- Copy of your Registration email for the 12th Pacific Science Inter-Congress;
- Correct and Fully completed official Fiji Visa Application Form [The applicant must clearly state the reason for visiting and duration of time spent in Fiji];
- Two  recent colour passport size photographs [one (1) photo to be certified];
- Original or certified copy of valid passport bio-data page;
- Consent letter from spouse [if married and traveling alone];
- Consent from parents [for 18 years and under] and traveling alone;
- Leave letter [if employed];
- Proof of funds to sustain duration of stay. E.g Bank statements and/or for visa cards – recent bank statements for past 3 months;
- Confirmation of pre-booked hotel accommodation;
- A copy of the travel itinerary/ticket;
- Sponsor letter [ if a Fiji citizen or local company/organisation is sponsoring to indicate the undertaking of the person for the duration of his period];
- Proof of approved visa and onward ticket [if applicant is traveling to the next country of destination after Fiji];
- Pre-requisite non-refundable Visa Application Fees – FJ$96.00 for Single Entry Visa.
Option for Fee Payment
– USP Online Payment System
- Visit www.usp.ac.fj/onlinepayment ;
- Fill in the mandatory fields, use your registration number as the invoice number;
- For payment description please state that the payment is for Visa processing for the 12th Pacific Science Inter-Congress.
– Telegraphic Transfer
- The Secretariat will provide the Bank details upon request. Please specify in the transfer that the payment is for the 12th Pacific Science Inter-Congress Visa and forward us a copy of the receipt.
Information on Visa:
1. Single Entry Visa (SEV)
This visa is valid for a single journey to Fiji only for the period of 3 months from the date of issue and the visit not to exceed 4 months stay.
2. Multiple Entry Visa (MEV)
This visa is valid for multiple journeys to Fiji for the period of 12 months from the date of issue and visit not to exceed 4 months on each visit.
It takes 5 working days to process visa applications from the date of receipt by the Visa Officer. The delay in processing may occur when the applications submitted are incomplete or further clarification, additional documentation or verification of documents are required.
Notification of Visa Approval or Refusal
- The Visas is endorsed on the passport or in cases where passport is not submitted, a visa approval letter is sent to the successful applicant notifying the approval of the visa, validity of the visa and duration of the stay in Fiji.
- For a visa application that is unsuccessful, the applicant is notified in writing of the refusal of visa application and justified reasons for refusal.
List of visa exempted countries
Antigua & Barbuda, Argentina, Australia, Austria, The Bahamas, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belgium, Belize, Bermuda, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei Darussalam, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Cook Islands [NZ passport holder] Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Commonwealth Dominica, Estonia, The federal Republic of Germany, The federated States of Micronesia, Finland, France, The Gambia, Ghana, Greece, Grenada, Guyana, Holy See (Vatican), Hong Kong [SAR] Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Kenya, Kiribati, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lesotho, Luxemburg, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Malta, Mauritius, Mexico, Moldova, Monaco, Nauru, The Netherlands, New Zealand, Nigeria, Norway, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, The Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Ireland, Republic of the Marshall Islands, Romania, Russia, Samoa, Serbia, Slovak Republic, St Kitts & Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent & The Grenadines, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Swaziland, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tanzania, Thailand, Tonga, Trinidad & Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Tuvalu, Uganda, United Arab Emirates, Ukraine, United Kingdom of great Britain and Northern Ireland, United States of America, Uruguay, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Zambia and Zimbabwe.